Saturday 30TH JUNE 2018: 10:00 – 17:00
An Introduction To Understanding And Treating Sex Addiction
This one-day workshop run by Gavin Sharpe is aimed at providing a definition of sex addiction and to consider the various treatment methodologies.
Sex Addiction is not included in the DSM-V. Post Harvey Weinstein, the debate as to whether sex addiction is real has been re-ignited. If sex addiction is real, how do we define it? (For example, do we differentiate between addiction and compulsivity? Do we include sexual offending?) If it is real, how do we treat our clients suffering from it?
The aims of the workshop include:
- To understand causes of sex addiction.
- To provide an understanding of the cycle of addiction including triggers and underlying issues.
- To provide counsellors with the tools to help diagnose sex addiction.
- To provide an overview of treatment options for those with addiction (including partners of sex addicts).
- To provide experiential opportunities to practise assessment and treatment skills.
- To consider the differences in sex addiction among male and female clients.
- To understand the specific issues around sex addiction and gay men.
Gavin Sharpe is an alumnus of The Minster Centre, a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT) and a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP). He practises part-time in the U.K. with The Hudson Centre and has a private practice in France called Live Love Learn.
When: Saturday 30TH June 2018 from 10:00 – 17:00
Cost: £95 (non-members) £80 (members)
To book a place please contact: email@example.com.
Venue: The Minster Centre, 20 Lonsdale Road, Queens Park, NW6 6RD.
CPD CERTIFICATES WILL BE PROVIDED
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and advices from our team.